Dr. Newcomer is a sports medicine specialist who has decades of experience treating athletes in Central Illinois. He has served as team physician for several local semi-professional teams and loves being around sports. Dr. Newcomer will see patients who suffer a variety of injuries including foot, ankle, elbow, hands, wrists, knees, and hips. As a sports medicine surgeon, Dr. Newcomer’s goal is to get his patients back to the game they love. He does this through expert diagnosis, treatment, and surgical intervention, when relevant. Learn more about some of the surgeries Dr. Newcomer performs below.
Have an upcoming surgery? Learn more about what you need to know before, during, and after your procedure:
- Medication Information Before Your Surgery
- Therapy for Total Joint Surgery FAQ
- Total Joint Medical Equipment Information
- Carle Bromenn: Getting Ready for your Joint Replacement Surgery
- OSF Total Joint Surgery Information
- Dr. Newcomer’s Post-Operative Information for Joint Replacement
Please check out the following videos from the AAOS website to give you a better understanding of what your total hip or total knee replacement surgery will entail.