Medical Scribe: Could This Job Be For Me?
A medical scribe typically assists a physician or provider with document details of the patient visit via the electronic medical record. Their essential clerical duties work to increase physician/provider effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
At Carle Mclean County Orthopedics, our Scribes help to improve patient flow and satisfaction. At our orthopedic physician specialty practice, our Medical Scribes:
- Accompany physician/mid-level into patient exam rooms to transcribe physical exams and document patients' encounter
- Document physician exam findings, assessment, and plan, and any procedures in the electronic medical record system
- Ensure all proper diagnosis codes are listed
- Proofread and edit all physicians' medical documents for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Compile surgical/informational folders as needed
Many have had experience with or an aptitude for medical terminology, and if so, this may be an ideal opportunity for you. Many medical, biology, sports medicine, and physical therapy students are often looking for part- and full-time opportunities like this. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for Scribe positions at Carle Mclean County Orthopedics, visit: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_Carle/external/gateway/viewFromLink.html?jobPostId=35226&localeCode=en-us
Carle Mclean County Orthopedics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all applications! And, for more opportunities at our Bloomington-Normal location, visit our employment page here: https://mcleancountyortho.com/contact/employment-opportunities